Lets face it, this is probably one of your biggest dilemma right now – trust me, I’ve been in your shoes before, so I know! Putting together an outfit for everyday wear is hard enough, let alone for a photo shoot. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are some do’s and don’ts for you guys. Be sure to also check out my Pinterest board for more inspiration!
- If you want romantic and whimsical looking photos then go for soft neutrals with a pop of colors.
- Be creative and fun with your clothing – Add different patterns and textures.
- Wear flowly dresses, mismatched colors and layer up!
- Accessorize – a simple necklace, bangles, watch, headband, scarf or hat can really transform your image.
- Flower crowns are STILL in, so don’t be afraid to make one! They’re so simple! You can use real OR fake flowers. Here is a tutorial.
- If possible, get your hair and makeup done professionally – it will make you feel like a million bucks and that will really show through your pictures! Also, play up your makeup, ladies. Go a little darker than you usually would so it translates well in the image.
- Wear cute shoes (but bring comfortable ones to walk in if you're going to wear heels).
- Whatever you wear, be comfortable in it!
- Don't wear running shoes.
- Don’t wear t-shirts with big logos. Keep it classy!
- For couples – stay away from solid white or black tops for both of you (one of you can wear it). The key is to coordinate, and not match.
- Again, don’t be all matchy-matchy – unless you really WANT to, then go for it!
- Don’t wear clothes that are too tight.
- Don’t forget to iron all wrinkles out.
I would love to brainstorm with you further if you need help with your particular session!